Pause and de-stress
Thursday evening walk-in Mindfulness sessions
from 6:30 - 8:00pm
Jade River Healing Arts Center
7303 Southwest Beaverton-Hillsdale HWY
Portland, OR 97225 | Map
Familiar with sensation of feeling ‘out of control’, on automatic pilot, running from task to task,without the feeling of having accomplished anything meaningful? Overwhelmed by stress from health challenges, work, relationships, life changes and other stressors. Chronic anxiety and stress are linked to a variety of mental and physical illnesses.
Mindfulness practice can help to reduce mental clutter and become more present with the most important things in your life. To bring more clarity and focus, less rumination and more connection with the important people in your life.
Studies have shown results of mindfulness on:
- Reduced anxiety, panic, depression
- Improved well-being and mood
- Improved quality of sleep
- Improved attention and concentration
- Lowered blood pressure levels
- Increased joy, gratitude and compassion
- Improved immune function
- Introduces you to mindfulness and meditation in a practical way.
- You do not need to have experience with mindfulness. Practices are based on the MBSR curriculum, and therefore this evening is also suitable for MBSR graduates.
- It is suitable for people of most physical conditions and limitations.
- The sessions include direct practices (like body scan, mindful movement, etc.), a brief talk related to mindfulness and well-being, and q&a.
Call to sign up at Jade River, 503.297.3825 or sign up here: